Recently, my Google AdSense account was disabled for the "safety" of Google's publishers. Now first of all, I hate advertising, but one of the things that drew me to blogging was the chance to take advantage of another source of income. In a crumbling economy, a penny earned is a penny saved. Now, progress was slow, with a new blog and not very many viewers, I figured it would take a little while to reach the $100 threshold. In two months, I finally reached this number and was sitting at about $130 when, low and behold, that fateful e-mail landed in my inbox. I was shocked and immediately wrote out my appeal, feeling that I was taken advantage of. I mean, how much revenue had I just earned Google, a thousand, six thousand? Advertisers pay an exorbitant amount of money and every click must make Google a couple hundred dollars.
Now is it just me? Or does it seem like my account has been treated as nothing more than a moneymaking tool and shut down in an act of atrocity and corruption. After filing my appeal, I was told I would receive a response after at least 48 hours and have not gotten anything yet. Doing a little research, I read that people had not gotten a response in over two weeks. That is not how you treat your user Google. Instead of being treated as business assets, we should be treated as human beings, because thats what we are. As it happens to be, I had plans for that $130 dollars that I now have to suspend, and this will lead to the disappointment of a few people, one that is very close to me. Now I understand that as a business, Google may need to disable accounts for the supposed "safety" that they speak of, but in my opinion, Google has no right to take away my money, which earned at least ten times as much for them. I am very disappointed in Google's actions and will not be recommending the AdSense program to anyone as I had been doing until some progress is made in this issue.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment